Thursday, May 23, 2013

Post Surgery

Recovering after arthroscopic surgery to my left shoulder by Dr. Chris Jones of Colorado Springs Orthopoedic Group performed the procedure, adding another surgery to my punch card there.  I was a bit apprehensive but the staff at Surgical Center at Premier were awesome and made me very comfortable. 

Just before the procedure we met with Jack who delivered a Thermotek Nanotherm. This little gem circulates a mixture of water and alcohol through a shoulder sleeve. You can specify temperatures, compression and change the parameters for each. This way you are not dealing with coolers and ice one armed.

Will see what they say tomorrow after my post-op appointment. It has only been a few days and  I am getting stir crazy. Tried to walk the dogs yesterday but the minor jarring was irritating to my shoulder. Today I was able to walk up and down the stairs for about an hour and walk around the neighborhood without any problems. Also controlling pain with the cooling system and ibuprofen. 

No comments: